Hi! I'm glad you found my site, but I've moved to another one! So if you like what you see, come visit my new blog at http://www.ellemm.com - there you'll find all the posts from this site, plus up-to-date posts about growing veggies, farming, rural life, and more! - Laura

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Vine Ripening

Pumpkins and melons are shaping up and filling out, becoming the beauties I knew they'd be when I first planted their seeds in the garden.


This shy Hercules pumpkin will be a star at the end of October when I turn him into a jack-o-lantern. Still growing even as he turns orange!


This petite watermelon has yellow flesh. Not sure how sweet it will be compared to the typical red-flesh ones but it is a cute little thing.


This melon is called "Moon and Stars" and also has yellow flesh. The leaves as well as the fruit are speckled with yellow moons and smaller stars. Really unusual and pretty plant to have. This one in particular is not very symmetrical, probably due to uneven pollination when it was just a little blossom, but it should turn out ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment