Hi! I'm glad you found my site, but I've moved to another one! So if you like what you see, come visit my new blog at http://www.ellemm.com - there you'll find all the posts from this site, plus up-to-date posts about growing veggies, farming, rural life, and more! - Laura

Friday, August 2, 2013

Baby Pumpkins

Pumpkins! These guys have it easy. I planted the seeds in low hills and laid landscaping fabric over the ground. No competition for water or space, and they are doing fantastic. First is a mini pumpkin... actually a gourd. They reach their mature size fast, which is no surprise because they are palm-sized. It will take a while for their rind to harden; they will also turn a deeper gold/orange color.


This little champ is of the Hercules variety. I plan for him to be huge and require more than one candle to light up the inside. 


No comments:

Post a Comment