Hi! I'm glad you found my site, but I've moved to another one! So if you like what you see, come visit my new blog at http://www.ellemm.com - there you'll find all the posts from this site, plus up-to-date posts about growing veggies, farming, rural life, and more! - Laura

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Potato Time

After carefully planting, hilling, and weeding potatoes all summer, finally it's time to reap the rewards. Here are a few of the Red Pontiac and Kennebecs I dug today. They do not get washed; I just spread them out on cardboard box tops and store them in the pantry. It's cool and dark enough there for the skins to toughen up a little, and then they can be used for baking, mashing, whatever.


The pile here comes from about five plants total; I planted a dozen of each variety. The rest of the potatoes will stay in the ground a little longer, though I need to remember to dig the rest before it gets too cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment