Hi! I'm glad you found my site, but I've moved to another one! So if you like what you see, come visit my new blog at http://www.ellemm.com - there you'll find all the posts from this site, plus up-to-date posts about growing veggies, farming, rural life, and more! - Laura

Friday, September 13, 2013

Lonely Pumpkins

Only four big pumpkins in my pumpkin patch, but they are beauties! Here is the one I've got my eye on for a jack-o-lantern.


You can see black landscape fabric and brick pavers on the ground; that's what I used to keep down the weeds in my pumpkin and melon section. It's a nice, relatively easy solution, but it also means the vines aren't able to re-root in the surrounding soil as they grow. Next year I'll try it without the landscape material and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment