Hi! I'm glad you found my site, but I've moved to another one! So if you like what you see, come visit my new blog at http://www.ellemm.com - there you'll find all the posts from this site, plus up-to-date posts about growing veggies, farming, rural life, and more! - Laura

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Root Vegetables Make an Appearance

After a few days of rain soaking the garden, root vegetables are starting to emerge. First came the beets with their pretty dark red veins, they push up quickly and leaf out to make themselves known. 


The parsnips unfortunately got planted in a big spot of clay, so I'm not expecting great things from them.


Here are the carrots, which are so small for so long, and I have a terrible time distinguishing from some of the weeds. Can you see why?


No comments:

Post a Comment