Hi! I'm glad you found my site, but I've moved to another one! So if you like what you see, come visit my new blog at http://www.ellemm.com - there you'll find all the posts from this site, plus up-to-date posts about growing veggies, farming, rural life, and more! - Laura

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Can't Wait for Radishes

Radishes are quickly becoming a favorite of mine. Not only are they delicious but they come up so quickly, it satisfies my natural impatience. Here is my initial patch of radishes on May 10, and a close-up from the 18th. Another week and it'll be fresh radishes to snack on!


These guys have done so well on their own, with just a little water, I was reluctant to give them any help. Finally I broke down and weeded by hand. It's tedious work since the weeds are still pretty small, but now the radishes have less competition for nutrients.


The second sowing from May 15 is emerging as expected. Regular plantings spaced a week or so apart will mean a good supply all summer long!


No comments:

Post a Comment