Hi! I'm glad you found my site, but I've moved to another one! So if you like what you see, come visit my new blog at http://www.ellemm.com - there you'll find all the posts from this site, plus up-to-date posts about growing veggies, farming, rural life, and more! - Laura

Thursday, July 25, 2013

How Doth My Garden Grow?

Everything is getting big, and a few things are ripe enough to pick. All the hard work is paying off! First we have some tomatoes.


Aji Cristal peppers, they should be harvested when they are nice and yellow like this (they do eventually turn red but the flavor is not as good). They are hot peppers, not sweet, so don't mistake them for banana peppers.


Mini bell peppers... "Cupid" is the name of this particular variety. They should turn red in another month.



Ugh... this guy has built his luxury condo right among all the Pink Brandywine tomatoes. I'll let the squatter stay, since presumably he's catching bugs.


Dear lusciously plump tomato, please turn red soon. Thanks.


Patty pan squash (also called scallop squash, UFO squash, or pâtisson for the Francophiles out there).


Gherkins! These will be slicing cucumbers but they look so cute when they're the size of my pinky.


No comments:

Post a Comment